By Yuki Shiomi
This ebook provides an research of the anomalous and topological corridor results in a few itinerant ferromagnets and helimagnets via measurements of corridor results pushed by means of electric or warmth present. New clarifications are supplied for spin-dependent corridor results brought about by way of the Berry part, skew scattering, and scalar spin chirality.
The writer finds the scattering-free nature of the Berry-phase-induced anomalous corridor present by way of accomplishing the 1st comparative examine of electric and thermal corridor results. The impurity-element dependence of the anomalous corridor influence brought on by skew scattering is systematically investigated within the low-resistivity zone for Fe. new examples exhibiting a topological corridor impact are present in helimagnets, during which nonzero scalar spin chirality arises from the modulation of spin constitution via Dzyaloshinsky–Moriya (DM) interplay. the sort of DM-interaction-mediated topological corridor influence is a brand new form of topological corridor impression. additionally the temperature dependence of topological corridor phrases within the thermal corridor impact and Nernst–Ettingshausen impression is located to be different from that during corridor effect.
These effects might be helpful for purposes of spin present to units with low strength consumption.
Read Online or Download Anomalous and Topological Hall Effects in Itinerant Magnets PDF
Similar nonfiction_8 books
1. 1 goal of the research Vector autoregressive (VAR) types became one of many dominant examine instruments within the research of macroeconomic time sequence over the last twenty years. the good good fortune of this modeling category began with Sims' (1980) critique of the normal simultaneous equation versions (SEM).
Limnology - the research of inland waters - had its genesis in Europe concerning the flip of the century. The experiences of Fore1 on Lake Geneva have been of seminal price at the present. It prospered lower than the early suggestions of Thienemann, Naumann and Wesenberg-Lund in Europe and, quickly transplanted, of Birge and Juday in North the US (to identify quite a few early spirits).
- Geometries and Groups: Proceedings of a Colloquium Held at the Freie Universität Berlin, May 1981
- Stratification of tropical forests as seen in leaf structure
- Tunable Lasers and Applications: Proceedings of the Loen Conference, Norway, 1976
- Fundamental Interactions: Cargèse 1981
Extra resources for Anomalous and Topological Hall Effects in Itinerant Magnets
14) This relation is valid only at low temperatures, where the elastic scattering is dominant. The Mott relation is also applicable to the intrinsic mechanism of 30 2 Sample Preparation and Measurement Methods anomalous Nernst effect . However, in the presence of ambipolar diffusion, inelastic scattering, or superconducting fluctuations, it may be modified . References 1. N. Kanazawa, Y. Onose, T. Arima, D. Okuyama, K. Ohoyama, S. Wakimoto, K. Kakurai, S. Ishiwata, Y. Tokura, Phys. Rev. Lett.
82, 1539 (2010) 7. E. M. ), The Quantum Hall Effect (Springer, Berlin, 1987) 8. E. -C. Chang, Q. Niu, Rev. Mod. Phys. 82, 1959 (2010) 9. Y. Yao, L. H. MacDonald, J. Sinova, T. Jungwirth, D-S. Wang, E. Wang, and Q. Niu. Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 037204 (2003) 10. Z. Fang, N. S. Takahashi, A. Asamitsu, R. Mathieu, T. Ogasawara, H. Yamada, M. Kawasaki, Y. Tokura, K. Terakura, Science 302, 92 (2003) 11. -L. Lee, S. L. J. P. Ong, Science 303, 1647 (2004) 12. A. Lee, N. -G. Wen, Re. Mod. Phys. 78, 17 (2006) 13.
Lett. 84, 2219 (2000) 7. D. Xiao, Y. Yao, Z. Fang, Q. Niu, Pys. Rev. Lett. 97, 026603 (2006) 8. I. Y. J. Beenakker, Phys. Rev. B 84, 035133 (2011) Chapter 3 Scattering-Free Nature of Intrinsic Anomalous Hall Current Abstract First, we investigate the intrinsic AHE which is related with Berry-phase. In contrast to the extrinsic mechanisms, an intrinsic AHE induced by the Berry phase is, in principle, not affected by the scattering. Experimentally, the relation that ρ yx ∝ ρx2x (namely, Hall conductivity σx y = ρ yx /ρx2x is independent of ρx x ) is identified in some materials and is thought to be the evidence of the dissipationless nature of anomalous Hall current (C.
Anomalous and Topological Hall Effects in Itinerant Magnets by Yuki Shiomi